2023 Winner: Natania Hollingsworth (again…she is one clever designer!)
Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival Design Prize – 2023: $1,000
This is an amazing opportunity for artists and graphic designers around Australia to submit designs that will be incorporated into all our branding and marketing material for our next Festival.
The chosen A3 poster design will be used for all 2024 promotional material including a full colour program, posters, flyers, the website, banners and more.
Announced within the JSN/festival opening – 5:30pm Thursday 18th May, 2023 at the Penola High School Hall.
Entries close: Friday 12 May 2023, 4pm
and sent or delivered to: Penola High School 43 Cameron Street, Penola, 5277.
Entry Fee: $11 cash per entry including GST. A maximum of four (4) entries per person may be entered.
The Festival embraces the visual and performing arts, music, literature, food and wine. The central focus is the arts and incorporates an eclectic mix of performances, exhibitions, and workshops run in conjunction with Coonawarra Vigneron’s showcasing their premier vintages and local cuisine.
The Penola and Coonawarra communities combine their resources to facilitate a weekend that attracts national, state and regional performers and artists.
Penola has a culturally rich atmosphere with historic buildings, parks, a variety of retail shops, cafes and restaurants, which adds to the diverse range of event venues for arts revellers to visit.
- Design must be presented in an A3 format for judging purposes
- An illustration or graphic design that represents the Arts Festival, celebrating Penola’s rich literary history, artists, live music, performing arts, film, kids activities and Coonawarra’s fine food and wine.
- Proved an illustration that can be applied to these sizes:
- Illustration for the poster: A3 Landscape: Width: 420mm – Height: 297mm (see diagram below)
- DL Flyer: W 99mm x H 92mm
- Facebook cover: W 851px H 315px
- Website banner: W 1640 x H 600 pixels
- The design must convey the Arts as the primary focus of the Festival and include the words ‘Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival’, including the Festival year
- Each design must adhere to copyright regulations and comply with the terms and conditions of the Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival Design Prize63