This is an amazing opportunity for artists and graphic designers around Australia to submit designs that will be incorporated into all our branding and marketing material for the next Festival.
Entries close: 4pm Friday 10 May 2019
Entry fees: $10 (GST incl.) per entry
The Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival will be held from Thursday 16 to Sunday 19 of May 2019. The Festival embraces the visual and performing arts, music, literature, food and wine. The central focus is the arts and incorporates an eclectic mix of performances, exhibitions, and workshops run in conjunction with Coonawarra Vigneron’s showcasing their premier vintages and local cuisine. The Penola and Coonawarra communities combine their resources to facilitate a weekend that attracts national, state and regional performers and artists. Penola has a culturally rich atmosphere with historic buildings, parks, a variety of retail shops, cafes and restaurants, which adds to the diverse range of event venues for arts revellers to visit.
Poster/Banner/Logo/Icon Design Requirements
- Design must be presented in an A3 format for judging purposes, and to include 4x sizes/layout: Poster280mm x 280mm, Banner 120mm (w) x 40mm (d), Logo 150mm x 150mm and Icon 15mm x 15mm
- If created digitally, an A3 size document with a resolution of a minimum 300 pixels per inch or vector is recommended, created in CMYK and saved in an editable format. Each digital design is required to be printed in A3 for judging purposes. The design, if digital, is required to be adaptable to a range of computer programs.
- If hand illustrated, the original art must be at least 2x larger than the displayed format and scanned (CMYK) to fit layout requirements with a resolution of a minimum 300 pixels per inch.
- The design must convey the Arts as the primary focus of the Festival and include the words ‘PenolaCoonawarra Arts Festival’, including the Festival year. Please note that the dates of the Festival are subject to change, so will be added to the design at a later date.
- Each design should be suitable for reproduction in black and white and for large advertisements. A limited colour palette is generally the most effective.
- Each design must adhere to copyright regulations and comply with the terms and conditions of the Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival Design Prize.
Terms & Conditions for Entry
- Maximum entries: FOUR per person.
- A3 printed designs must have the artist’s name, address and title clearly written on the back of the artwork and they will not be for sale.
- PCAF Design Prize Entry fees: $10.00 (GST incl.) per entry
- Methods of payment accepted are Credit Card/EFTPOS/Cash/Cheque and Money Order (payable toPenola High School). The entry form must accompany the artwork. ENTRIES CLOSE: 4pm Friday 10 May 2019
- Design is to be delivered in person or consigned to Penola High School, 43 Cameron Street, Penola SA 5277.
- All entries should be submitted as a hard copy (not electronically) with the exact dimensions of 297mm x 420mm (A3) and securely mounted on black card exact dimensions of 350mm x 470mm, with the entry form attached.
- Artists who require their artwork to be returned via mail or courier must provide labelled return packaging, instructions and payment for the return of artwork. All freight and delivery charges incurred are the responsibility of the artist.
- PLEASE NOTE: Designs that have already been entered into this competition from previous years WILL NOT
- be accepted or exhibited.
- The Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival committee reserves the right to refuse any artwork considered unsuitable and does not comply with the copyright regulations or the terms and conditions for entry.
- The Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival committee will produce the high resolution scans for reproductions from the winning entry if required. The entrant will also be asked to supply working files and images – hardcopy or digital (where applicable) to facilitate reproduction.
- At the opening of the 2019 Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival, the Design Prize winner will be announced. The results as determined by the judges are final and no discussion will be entered into.
- All designs must remain displayed until the exhibition closing date of 4pm, Friday 24 May 2019.
- At the conclusion of the exhibition, designs must be collected from Penola High School during office hours 9am-4pm, Monday 27 May 2019 to Friday 31 May 2019. All works are to be collected during stated times. Works not claimed within a month of closing date shall be determined to be the property of the Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival and to be disposed of as they wish.
- The Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival Committee will exercise all reasonable care with exhibits submitted, but will not accept responsibility for loss or damage while they are in its custody. All insurance of the artworks is the responsibility of the artist.
- NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- The competition winner will assign to The Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival committee in perpetuity all copyright and intellectual property pertaining to the design that is selected and included as part of the winning entry.
- Entrants affirm/confirm that they own the copyright in the complete form and parts that comprise the total design entry and are able to assign unimpeded copyright, in full; to The Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival committee should it be selected.
- The Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival committee may at its absolute discretion use none, part or all of the winning design for any purpose and in any form or manner.
- The Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival committee has the right to make minor changes to the original design if required.
- Intellectual property and copyright of the non-winning entries will remain with the entrants. All entries will be displayed in the festival exhibition and chosen posters may be reproduced in exhibition catalogues and other material pertaining to the design competition.
- Designers entering the Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival Design Prize absolve the Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival committee from any liability relating to confidentiality or intellectual property issues which any other party may raise.
- By completing the entry form for the Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival Design Prize, entrants represent, undertake and affirm/confirm to the Committee that they are legally entitled to enter and they are not breaching any intellectual property rights or copyrights in doing so.
- By entering the Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival Design Prize entrants give their permission for the Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival committee, should they wish, to exhibit designs and or publish entries either in full or in part.
- The Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival may undertake to include the names of the designers in promotional materials and media releases.
- Entrants whose designs have been selected for inclusion in the PCAF festival exhibition may need to provide additional information if required.