This is an amazing opportunity for artists and graphic designers around Australia to submit designs for the 2018 Penola and Coonawarra Arts Festival Poster Competition.
The winning design will be incorporated into all our branding and marketing material for the next Festival in 2019.
NOW OPEN: The Design Art Prize 2018: $1,000
The winner will receive $1000, generously donated by Penola & Districts Business Association. The chosen A3 poster design will be used for all promotional material including a full colour program, posters, flyers, the website, banners and more.
The PCAF Context
The Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival will be held from Thursday 17 to Sunday 20 of May 2018. The Festival embraces the visual and performing arts, music, literature, food and wine. The central focus is the arts and incorporates an eclectic mix of performances, exhibitions, and workshops run in conjunction with Coonawarra Vigneron’s showcasing their premier vintages and local cuisine. The Penola and Coonawarra communities combine their resources to facilitate a weekend that attracts national, state and regional performers and artists. Penola has a culturally rich atmosphere with historic buildings, parks, a variety of retail shops, cafes and restaurants, which adds to the diverse range of event venues for arts revellers to visit.
Poster/Banner/Logo/Icon Design Requirements
- Design must be presented in an A3 format for judging purposes, and to include 4x sizes/layout: Poster 280mm x 280mm, Banner 120mm (w) x 40mm (d), Logo 150mm x 150mm and Icon 15mm x 15mm
- If created digitally, an A3 size document with a resolution of a minimum 300 pixels per inch or vector is recommended, created in CMYK and saved in an editable format. Each digital design is required to be printed in A3 for judging purposes. The design, if digital, is required to be adaptable to a range of computer programs.
- If hand illustrated, the original art must be at least 2x larger than the displayed format and scanned (CMYK) to fit layout requirements with a resolution of a minimum 300 pixels per inch.
- The design must convey the Arts as the primary focus of the Festival and include the words ‘Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival’, including the Festival year. Please note that the dates of the Festival are subject to change, so will be added to the design at a later date.
- Each design should be suitable for reproduction in black and white and for large advertisements. A limited colour palette is generally the most effective.
- Each design must adhere to copyright regulations and comply with the terms and conditions of the Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival Design Prize.
Due date: To be sent to Penola High School, 43 Cameron St Penola, by 4pm Friday 11th May 2018. No Late entries will be accepted or exhibited.
Entry Fee: $10
For more info and/or clarification of any aspects of the competition please email Vicki at: [email protected]